Monday, April 20, 2009

Friendship


I was walking down the hallway today when something caught my eye in the distance. A variety of emotions swept through me as I contemplated the situation. I could either turn the other way and hide from the person entirely or face the situation and walk past without noticing the glares or stares.

"Samantha" (I don't want to reveal her real name) was my best friend through middle school - as far as I could remember. It started way back in 6th grade when I first moved here; my first friend who I had spent 3 years of my life with was now my bitter enemy.

I still remember the books we read together, sleep overs with midnight snacks, volunteering at the animal shelter, and girls night party with movies and pillow fights. And of course, there are those inevitable conversations mixed gossip, crushes, and love. In order to enumerate our friendship, we were more like twins and in a matter of a few days, we shared our thoughts, emotions and feelings to each other freely.

It is ironic that I now see her as my enemy. It all started with one club - the Animal Rights Club. Aspiring to be a veterinarian in the future, I thought it best to start this club with the help of my best friend at the time as co-presidents. It's funny how "power-hungry" some individuals are. I soon found myself in a huge argument/fight with her which went all the way to the school club's administration.

I see her now talking with my other friends and I just wonder what happened? Why does it have to be this way? But it is inevitable..the situation itself. You must never forget the pains suffered in the past..not to hold a grudge but to not put yourself in a vulnerable situation again.

It took me a long time after that to trust someone. Even my closest of friends didn't know half the thoughts that ran through my head. Friendship is supposed to be a divine part of life and it is actually quite ironic that friendship has lead to hatred in this case. I will never forget this incident in my life.

One should always understand that the bonds of friendship go deeper than scars...but when the bond itself is a scar..what should you do?

6 comments:

  1. @My heart
    My sympathies for your lost friendship :(

    Why don't you take that anger on your sis now on this comments section and continue the fight? It will be so much fun!

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...really? Are you trying to lead me on? Lol...better luck next time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :D :D :D

    I bet your blog would be the most popular one if you can bring your fight with your sis here! Surely!

    ReplyDelete